1925 - 2013
Mr. Alexander Boyd donated the conservation area to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania in September of 1999. Mr. Boyd was president of the Union Deposit Corporation. The stated purpose of this donation was to set aside the area for the perpetual management and protection of big trees. He received a Conservation Landowner of the Year award for 2001 from the Pennsylvania Wildlife Federation and Audubon Pennsylvania for his donation of the conservation area.